Wednesday

TUTORIAL: DIY BEAD SOUP EARRINGS





I call these bead soup earrings because they're made from a random assortment of beads simply connected to one another.







I love beads. If I only could keep 5 personal items, my bead collection would be one of them. I've been collecting & curating since I was fourteen.







To make these types of earrings, all you need are headpins, different beads, and a type of earring hook. I'm using hoops. I'm also using wire, but you can use headpins.





Wire is just easier, I loop on the bead then snip.






Just connect them to each other with a series of loops & you're done!









I love these speckled black & white beads. I bought them at the czech glass section at bead store in NYC, I'm trying to track them down online.



Another step by step:



 









Leaving bead soup territory a little bit, I also went & did different combinations with chain.











Have fun making different combinations of beads!


3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, they look so professional!!! Thank for starting to post again, I have been waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, they look so professional!!! Thank for starting to post again, I have been waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning! Can't wait to make a pair!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...