Tuesday

let me duplicate ya


 
 
 
 
On a trip to Michaels a few weeks back I picked up these round beads. I love the blue/green hues with gold and paired with the white spikes. It's a color combination I use frequently.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I first started making earrings, I rarely created the same pair in different hues. I tended to stick to the ONE OF A KIND mentality. Hey, these are still one of an almost kind.
 
For these beads I couldn't decide which color I liked best so I went on ahead and used them all.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Can you spot the difference between the two sets?
The upper set has a single fish spine connector link.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love fish spine chain. If you use a significant length of it, it's so decorative on it's own that you don't need to add much.
 
 
 
small details: tiny bead caps.
 
 
 
 

To add on to my spree of duplicating earrings:
 

fishspine chain, pearl birds, square beads
 
pearl leaves, gold leaf charms, square beads
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 
 
Also, I was hoping for some feedback... I have a DIY face sheet mask post that I really want to do and share, but since this is mainly a DIY jewelry blog, would it be too far out of left field?

 




13 comments:

  1. Hey Alyssa! I really like the fish spine chain!! You make me want to start making jewelery, but I wouldn't know where to start!

    Anyway, I think if you have an interest and you think it's worth sharing, than you definitely should post it! I think as long as you keep things organized (like with tags, for example) than it's okay to branch out! I'm sure you'd enjoy taking a break from posting jewelery and posting different things on occasion. I'd certainly like to see this DIY face mask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I love the chain too :) oooooh making jewelry rocks, and I'm working on a (hopefully) comprehensive beginner's post.

      Thank you for your feedback :) I'm excited for the mask, but I need to do more trial and errors and research.

      Delete
  2. I'm totally like you; I can't decide what color to choose sometimes so I make them all! Swooning over the fishbone chain and seafoam green beads~

    http://cafecraftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! That's the plus of making your own jewelry, you can pick all the colors!

      Delete
  3. I love the fishspine chain detail, these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I also visit your blog often, great content!

      Delete
  4. Go for it. Now I want to know what is in this DIY face mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, I'm still in the trial and error phase... I'm researching like crazy to make sure it's okay... :) thanks for your feedback!

      Delete
  5. Hey, I love your jewellery and I would like to start making my own too!! But not sure where is the best place to buy the stones and wire to make the earrings. Where would you recommend to buy the products?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Martina! I'm happy you're inspired to make your own jewelry! Where are you located? I buy a lot of supplies online-- esp the supply section of Etsy, and def at local bead stores. Email me and we can go more in depth :)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous earrings! Would love to know where you purchased the fish spine chain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, I purchased the chain at different bead stores on 6th Ave in NYC. Most likely Bead Center.

      Delete
  7. Hi! I just l-o-v-e your combination of fishspine chain, pearl birds and square beads!
    I do also make my own jewelry, but here in Belgium I can't find those cute birds. But I'll keep searching, 'cause your earrings really inspired me to make a similar pair. Thanks a lot for your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...