Sunday

TUTORIAL: TASSEL EARRINGS





I'm jumping late on the tassel earring train. These earrings are sleek and light, and once you get into the hang of making the tassels, you'll be churning them out in no time.








I went into m&j trimming and bought a couple different colored tassels. For this tutorial, you can either buy pre-made tassels or use embroidery thread.








MATERIALS NEEDED;

  • tassels OR embroidery thread
  • a short length of wire
  • jump rings, 3-4
  • hook
  • charm
  • fishbone chain








The first thing you need to do is take apart the tassel.








Take about 10 strands.







Center the strands unto the piece of wire. Squeeze the end of the wire together.







Take a jump ring and slide it down the wire to the strands. It's going to be a wiggle and a struggle.



This will keep the strands together and make it into a tassel shape.


If you find your jump rings to be too big or too small, you can always take a length of wire and wrap it twice.









You can slide another one down for extra security.









Take a jump ring and add your charm.






Remove the wire.










Take your jump ring/charm combo and slide it through where the wire was. Don't close the ring.







Slip the jump ring unto the chain.








Open a jump ring and connect the hook with the top of the chain.






Almost done!





We need to trim the ends.









Finished!








Make them as long or as short as you want!









Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

  1. so pretty! I'm really into fishbone chain, and love how these earrings use up little leftover pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, awwww man I love your site. Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. It's cute, but it might be kinda tacky though :\ I think just because of the material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica, thanks for your feedback! Hmmm is it the length, or the material itself? Or if I used more expensive tassels?

      Delete
    2. I think it's the material of the tassel. I think maybe as a charm it'll look cute. But if I had to describe it, I think it's because it's against your hair that it's kinda tacky. Sorta like, imagine using embroidery thread as a colored hair extension or something.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your feedback :) I like the idea of charms!

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy to see this blog up and running again! I hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for sticking with me, I hope it continues too <33

      Delete
  4. Love how unique these are w/ the chain + charms :) May I ask where you get your teeny star charms?

    http://cafecraftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bought the charms at one of the bead stores on 6th ave in the fashion district, I want to say Bead Center.

      Delete
  5. I love these earrings, thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it > its so beautiful > by the way i made the pearl double sided earring :D and i love love love it all of my girls are asking me how i made it :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...